As Symons Recreation Complex progresses from 10 % to 25% occupancy, please be confident that the safety of the staff and users, is the first thought when increasing the number of people in the building. Please read through the following information about new changes and policy updates. Effective June 16th, 2020 the general guidelines that Symons Recreation Complex will be following to ensure the health and safety of our staff and users are:
- If you are sick, stay home. If you have a temperature, stay home. If someone in your house is sick, stay home.
- If you have allergies and can’t control sneezing, stay home.
- Keep 6 feet distancing throughout the facility.
- Wash your hands/sanitize your hands when you enter the facility and when you leave.
- If you cough, cover your mouth.
- Facemasks are recommended as you enter and leave Symons Recreation Complex. Wearing face masks within the facility is optional.
- The facility has the right to refuse service to anyone exhibiting symptoms or not following facility guidelines.
- Several pieces of equipment have been taped off, not usable, to provide for 6 feet of social distancing.
- The water fountains will not be accessible. Please bring water from home.
- The moveable floor fans have been removed.
- Exercise mats have been removed. If you use a mat, please bring one from home.
- Plan your workout routine ahead of time to avoid lingering and socializing. This will allow more members to work out.
- Limit the items you touch within the gym to only the items you will use.
- Symons Recreation Complex staff who work within 6 feet of a user, will wear a face mask. (Example—personal trainers)
- Avoid using lifting gloves or other personal items that are not easily cleaned.
- Wipe down each piece of equipment before and after you use it, using a fresh paper towel each time, and dispose of the towels appropriately.
- If you get the urge to sneeze or cough, put on your mask (if not already wearing one) and cover your nose, mouth and mask with a napkin or handkerchief. Wash your hands and face thoroughly before returning to your activity.
- Symons Recreation Complex will provide gloves for any user that requests them.
- The time frame of Monday –Friday 8am-noon will be for persons 14 and older in the We will not be offering any younger children programming during this time frame.
- Please clean the equipment that you use, before and after using. Additional spray bottles and paper towel stations have been installed.
Water Exercise classes will be offered beginning June 22nd. The temporary class schedule will be:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00am – 8:45am Senior Sea
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00am – 9:45am Easy on the Joints
Monday: 1:00pm Senior Sea
Monday and Wednesday: 5:30pm – 6:15pm
* Limited amount of participants in class. Please call 647-8522 to register or sign up on-line
https://symonsrec.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs?leaguesid=29 (If you have problems logging
onto the website, it means that either SRC does not have your email or you are not using the email that
SRC has on account for you. Please provide your preferred email to SRC.)
The following procedures for participating in a class are:
- When coming to class, please wear your swimsuit under your clothes, to limit your time in the locker room.
- Please note—if coming to the 9:00amEasy on the Joint class–Undress, and put your clothes on a chair in the atrium. We ask that you don’t use the locker room when you arrive @ Symons.
- Proceed to the shower on the pool deck or shower in locker room.
- Take the class.
- Water exercise classes will be altered to allow for 6-foot distancing. Each participant will stay in the same spot, in the pool, for the duration of the class.
- At the end of class 5 people will be allowed to enter the locker room every 5 minutes. Please shower and get dressed as quickly as you can, to allow people to enter.
- Leave your locker door open. (This is a cue to the staff to clean the locker)
Adult lap times – Sign-ups are available at the front desk or sign-up on-line. https://symonsrec.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs?leaguesid=29 (If you have problems logging onto the website, it means that either SRC does not have your email or you are not using the email that SRC has on account for you. Please provide your preferred email to SRC.)
Only one lap swimmer is allowed in a lane at a time. Two people from the same household can share a lane.
- Lap swimming/water walking will be for ½ hour time slots to allow more people the opportunity to use the pool.
Whirlpool – Only two people, six feet apart, will be allowed in the whirlpool at a time. Limit 10 minutes.
Sauna – Only two people, six feet apart, will be allowed in the sauna at a time. Please bring a towel to sit on when using the sauna. Limit 10 minutes.
Family swim times – During family swim, a maximum of 29 people can be in the pool.
- Family swim will be for 1-hour time slots.
* Please call 647-8522 or reserve your spot on line
https://symonsrec.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs?leaguesid=29 (If you have problems logging onto the website, it means that either SRC does not have your email or you are not using the email that SRC has on account for you. Please provide your preferred email to SRC.)
The locker rooms will be cleaned 3 times a day. (At 10:30am, 1:30pm and 9:00pm) There will be a limit of 5 people in a locker room at a time.
Please leave the locker door open after you use a locker. This will let the staff know to disinfect it.
A shower has been installed on the pool deck. This shower will allow users to go directly to the pool, without entering the locker room. To use this option, please note the following rules:
- Wear your swimming suit under your clothes to the pool.
- Remove your shoes before entering the pool deck and carry them to the disrobing area
- Disrobe in the designated area.
- Take a shower before entering the pool. No soap or shampoo products.
- Use the Pool/whirlpool/sauna
- When you are finished, take a shower. No soap or shampoo products.
- Towel dry.
- Either carry your clothing or redress. Please do not put on your shoes in the pool area.
- Leave the pool, through the atrium doors, onto the patio, and then to the sidewalk. This will prevent the lobby from getting slippery.
The outdoor 5:30a.m.-6:15am Tuesday & Thursday exercise class is being held on the SRC patio. Social distancing will be observed.
Virtual on-line exercise classes will continue, with an increase in the number of participants that are allowed to join a class in person, to keep the 6-foot distancing. Check the sign up at
https://symonsrec.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs?leaguesid=29 . (If you have problems logging onto the website, it means that either SRC does not have your email or you are not using the email that SRC has on account for you. Please provide your preferred email to SRC.)
Due to space limitations, participants are allowed to sign up and attend, only two “in person” classes at Symons Recreation Complex, per week.
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to the success of Symons Recreation Complex. Your support is more important than ever.
Download a Printable Copy