SilverSneaker Fitness Program
Be Healthy, Stay Independent
And let your health plan provide your fitness membership*
* To qualify for a FREE membership, you must be a Medicare-eligible member of a health plan that offers the National SilverSneakers Fitness Program. Anyone may participate in the SilverSneaker group classes at Symons Recreation Complex.
Regular exercise can help you:
- reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- strengthen your bones and muscles
- improve your balance to help prevent falls
- improve mental health and enhance mood
To help get the exercise you need, join SilverSneakers
SilverSneakers at Symons Recreation Complex gives you:
- a basic fitness membership – includes pool area, exercise room, racquetball courts, SRC instructor led water aerobics & land aerobic classes.
- custom designed classes and use of equipment: See SilverSneakers class schedule below.
- a Senior Adviser, Denise Hanold, to help you along the way
- nation wide access to participating locations
Check our The SilverSneakers YouTube Channel
Anyone can participate in the group class!
SilverSneakers Class Schedule:
Class Description: It can help improve overall strength, flexibility and balance. Class is held in seated position, using a chair. 45 minute class. (Formerly SilverSneakers Muscular Strength and Range of Movement)
Mondays at 10:30am
Tuesdays at 9:30am
Wednesdays at 10:30am
Thursdays at 9:30am
Fridays at 10:30am
Class Description: SilverSneakers offers a special yoga class in which you’ll learn gentle, effective stretching that can help maintain joint flexibility and prevent injury. 45 minutes class.
Tuesdays and Thursday at 11:00am
Cardio Fitness (Low-Impact):
Active older adults or those beginning their fitness journey who want camaraderie, excitement and fitness as a regular part of their weekly schedule. It’s a dance-fitness class that feels friendly, and most of all, fun.
Mondays & Wednesdays at 9:30am
Want to see if you are eligible for SilverSneakers at Symons Recreation Complex? Stop on in at 1250 Symons Circle and ask the Receptionist to see if you are eligible for SilverSneakers!